Friday, February 20, 2009

Doctors

For all those who are wondering why I had to go to the doctor.... Thursday was my final run for my Fit for Life class. We had to run 1.5 miles. So i started off at a pretty good pace and during the first two mintues I started having trouble breathing. This unfortunetly escalated to coughing and I so I started walking. I talked with my teacher and she agreed to let me stop and try again another day. I decided to go into the health center to make sure it wasnt something serious. The doctor said that my right lung sounded constricted but my left lung was ok. He gave me an asthma treatment which he said helped but I felt like it did nothing. So I went along with his thinking of it being excercise induced asthma. He gave me an inhaler and said to try it for a day and see if it helped. So i tried it and instead of helping, it did nothing. I decided to sleep on it and see if that would help. I slept for about nine hours (yay! i felt very awake!) and was coughing less but it hurt worse and they were harder coughs. I went in today to ask him about it, and he gave me an antibiodic and said to try it and if i wasn't feeling better in two weeks to come back. So long story short my teacher will accept a doctor's note to excuse me from the final run. Thank goodness that is over. Now I just have to wait to see if I really do get better or not. :D

1 comment:

  1. Dang, that's hard. I hope it gets better! It sucks not knowing when something is wrong. Let us know! (this is jennie)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors